Thursday, July 12, 2007

Having Yarn Issues

Okay, so I'll introduce myself first then get to the yarn problems. My name is Maddie, I've been knitting for about a year and a half and this will be my first long sleeve sweater. Anyways, to my yarn dilemma. I am on quite a budget [ I'm home from college for the summer and am just barely scraping by ] so I was hoping for a nice, inexpensive yarn to use for this project. Knit Picks Swish Superwash in Dublin:


It's the same gauge and everything, plus it's nice and inexpensive [ $3.29 ] a skein. Anyways, just let me know what you guys think -- I'm very indecisive and have a really hard time making up my mind without some opinions. Thanks in advance guys =)

5 comments:

Kasia said...

Maddie, I as a person, who never uses the yarn mentioned by pattern, would say: gosh what a lovely yarn! Go and knit from it! You would probably need to swatch to obtain the proper gauge, but since one always has to do that, I guess it should be a great choice. I love the idea of the green cables! You will have an adorable sweater to keep you warm in long cold atumn and winter days, plus besides you will look very Irish!

LotusKnits said...

I think this sweater would be gorgeous in Dublin. I've used Swish before, in this color even, and it was lovely to work with and very soft. My only issue is that it did pill some, but not as much as some other far more expensive yarns.

I'd definitely go for it. I think you'll be pleased with the result.

Pam said...

I love the color and the yarn...you definitely shouldn't have a problem with it. I use a lot of the Knit Picks yarns because they are so economical as well as fairly good quality and your sweater will look really nice once knit.
Can't wait to see your progress!

Knittymuggins said...

I don't have much advice as I've never used that particular yarn, but the color is lovely and will make a gorgeous sweater! Hope everyone else's fabulous advice helped you decide :) ~Maryanne

ShaylaM said...

I will also be using Swish, in Indigo Heather. I've never had any problems with any of KnitPicks' yarns yet and I am hoping this one will not be an exception. I've been told that it gets even softer after its been washed a couple times and I'm hoping this will be true. Good luck!