Wednesday, September 5, 2007

At the Starting Gate

Because winding 1100 yards of this yarn was a big effort, all I managed to do on the first day was to wind it (with a lot of help) and knit the swatch.

I usually go down 2 needle sizes to get gauge on most patterns, but I had to go down 3. I will be knitting the majority of this sweater on US 5's.

I'm encouraged by the short pooling of this yarn, and have no doubt that I will love this pattern with this variegated yarn. Based on my swatch, I believe my sweater will look like this one and that the patterning will not be too obscured.

I do love how it feels against my skin.

2 comments:

Knittymuggins said...

Sorry it took so long to wind up! I'm sure it will be worth it once you start knitting though :) I had to go down needle sizes too, though not quite that much. Happy knitting!

Robin said...

I went down two needle sizes myself! Can't wait to see your progress.