Saturday, September 1, 2007

I Swatched * I loved It * I Cast On

Hello from hot, hot California where I am thinking that I must be more than a little nuts to start a sweater on a day that will be well over 100 degrees. The bright side is that my sweater is proof that Fall and Winter will really come!

I am knitting my sweater with Debbie Bliss Alpaca/Silk. It is a really pretty deep plum color. This yarn is soooo yummy! I am knitting mine in the round from the bottom up. I did not change the number of stitches to cast on. When I do the math with my gauge, it still comes out as the published size small. I want it snug and a little higher up on the shoulders. Haven't decided how I will do that yet. I knit my first two rows with Knit, Purl in the back loop.

I can't wait to see how the rest of us are doing.

NCR

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

I just bought some of that DB yarn too! Isn't it fantastic? Don't know what I'll knit with it yet, but something yummy :) Can't wait to see how your sweater works up! It's warm here too, so it *is* weird to think of fall things! But it will come soon enough....